Sea Spaghetti Cookies
Get the Kids involved this week with these Sea Spaghetti Cookies, Perfect for seaweed lovers of all ages!
We took inspiration for our recipe from Prainne Rhatigan’s cook book ‘Irish Seaweed Kitchen’ , Get it here!
These sea spaghetti cookies are low in calories and carbs compared to your normal store bought cookies.
Here is what you will need:
8-10g of Sea Spaghetti, rehydrated in warm water till soft, Get it here!
55g of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
160g of white spelt flour
160g of ground almonds
1 teaspoon of baking powder
125g of white chocolate chunks
- Once the Sea Spaghetti is softened add honey, vanilla extract, melted butter, an egg and mix well
- Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder and fold into the sea spaghetti mixture
- Stir in white chocolate and roll dough out on a flowered surface, cut shapes using any cookie cutters or simply place mixture on a baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until browned around the edges
- Allow to cool before decorating with white chocolate, sprinkles and icing
- Then Enjoy!